CCA is one of the largest bottlers of non-alcoholic ready-to-drink beverages and one of the world’s top five Coca-Cola bottlers accessing more than 265 million consumers in the Asia-Pacific region.
CCA was using a legacy pallet labeling mechanism right from work order selection against the manufactured products to get them receipted as finished goods into SAP system for their inventory management throughout their plants across New Zealand and Australia.
The key difference between the two geographies across Tasman was in case of Australia, there are variety of printer models (both end of the line and offline) and labels are printed on opposing sides of the pallet and goods receipting system. This necessitates a meticulous program to meet the business requirements of CCA Australia.
Covalense was selected to automate the entire supply chain in order to replace the older legacy system with a fully automated Pallet Labeling System (PLS) across non-warehouse sites and enhancing the existing system for warehouse sites. The system was seamlessly designed and developed initially for all CCA plants across New Zealand and subsequently the system was introduced across Australian sites.
Covalense designed and implemented a secured pallet labelling system (PLS) that decommissioned the old label printing and scanning with an intranet based robust single system for label printing, scanning and back flushing. Implemented in MVP architecture in Microsoft.Net framework, the system adopts multi-threading and queuing for better performance and integrates with AS400 and SAP for back flush of inventory and finished goods through MQ Series. Integrated with variety of in-line and mobile handheld scanners, the system allows the operators to trigger label printing from a thin client to a network printer at the end of each line of a 24/7 production facility. With ability to handle production of 500 pallets on a single production line in 60 minutes, the real time visibility to the production floor is enhanced with synchronization with SAP and hence the system offers no scope for human errors.
- Improved Business Process
- Deployment of Covalense’s resources has ensured Business process improvements within CCA with reduced time and costs.
- Efficient Application Transition
- Effective and efficient application transition from Covalense Development teams
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Maintenance costs are drastically reduced due to migration of all applications into a single unified solution.
- Cost Benefits
- Significant cost benefits to the tune of 60% due to proven economies of Covalense outsourcing model and maximum offshore leverage.
- Annual Support
- Through a 24x7 support of PLS across ANZ has eliminated the possibilities of any further expensive support costs generated by the previous solution.
- Application Extension
- After successful implementation across New Zealand, the PLS has been implemented in all Australian sites and is being extended throughout CCA plants in ANZ.